Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Steak Frites

When trying to figure out dinner, steaks are an easy and delicious way to go. Steak and a baked potato will always be a great combination, but sometimes it's nice to change things up a little bit. I have a love for all cuts of beef, so going to pick out the steaks for the night I came across one I have never cooked. The Chuck Eye Steak. I have actually never heard of this cut of beef before, so I had to look into it. The chuck eye steak is cut from the chuck eye roast, makes sense. It is further down from the rib roast, the ribeye steak, so is less tender and flavorful than the delicious ribeye. It also said that it has a tendency to dry out. I hate dried out, over cooked steak. So I knew this was going to be tricky. I seasoned the steaks well with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. I cooked them over medium heat so they wouldn't dry out.

There are so many ways to cook the potato. One of our favorites is to cut them into 1/4 in sticks and then soak them in cold water. Then pat them dry and toss them in olive oil and a good dose of pepper. Into the oven in a non stick pan on 450 for about 30-35 minutes, flipping every so often.
A good drizzle of chunky bleu cheese dressing and it was delicious. I have no regrets on the chuck eye steak. It was delicious, as most red meats are.

No comments:

Post a Comment