Friday, March 5, 2010

Potato.....and Steak

I hate to see my grill being put through this. Snowy rain is not its favorite weather, or mine. This is a sad grill.
With the unusually cold, wet weather gone for the moment, time to get back outside. I love the combination of a steak and potato as most people do, but sometimes find it a bit monotonous. Time to try a new potato. So after reviewing a few methods from fellow bloggers, My Year on the Grill and Evanspices I decided to give it a shot. What could be better than a potato off the grill?

I was glad to get back outside, so here is my now happy grill.
The potatoes before they went on. Most people would use butter or some form of oil from a bottle to grease up the potatoes. Since I keep bacon grease in the refrigerator, a glutton/southern thing, thats what I used to help the Kosher salt stick. I left them on indirect heat for about an hour and a half.
The steak was lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Then cooked for about 3 minutes a side. I love the bone-in rib-eye, or actually any bone-in steak. You get to eat steak and then eat a rib.

Here they are side by side, almost spooning each other. These are quite a pair.
A potato from the grill is absolutely delicious, much more flavor than coming out of an oven. I was really surprised at how much the potato soaked in the aroma of the grill. Next time I will put a few in the smoker and see the difference. I wonder what smoked potato salad would taste like? Oh, and the steak was pretty good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment