Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

This afternoon Byrd and I went through the what's for dinner dance. Since she had a hair appointment it was up to me. Although I love our local Publix, I hate going to the grocery store. So my plan was to go through the pantry, freezer, fridge and come up with dinner. I found somethings I could work with. Stuffed peppers it is. I cut off the top of the bell pepper, in this case we had red, clean out the ribs and seeds. I hate to throw away food so I diced the tops to in the stuffing. Then place them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then set them aside to cool.

I took the casing off of a link of hot Italian sausage and cooked it with some diced onions and the diced top of the pepper. Removed it from the pan then cooked some chicken tenders then cut them into bite size pieces. We had a box of Olive Oil and Garlic couscous so I cooked it according to the directions on the box. Then it all goes in a bowl. Once mixed into the now cool peppers.



We also had some feta left over from our trip to the Sweet Home Cheese Farm. I crumbled it up and on top it goes. Then into the oven on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.



I topped them off with some diced tomato and green onion. Other than bacon, which can top any food and make it better, these two are my choices for toppings.


The first time I stuffed peppers it was with rice and ground beef. This one has come a long way. I am glad I didn't have to go to the store tonight and still had a great dinner for us. On a side note: Right now Byrd is eating a lot of ice cream. I don't usually partake, but lately she has been buying the Girl Scout Cookie flavors of Edy's. If you haven't had the pleasure and like the cookies the ice cream is great!




2 comments:

  1. As Sissy would say, Ah Duh! The thin mints flavor is the shiznit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thin Mint is great, but I have to say that Tag-a-long is my favorite

    ReplyDelete